- 10/22/17VisitMichigan State(Basketball)
- 09/09/17VisitMichigan State(Basketball)
- 08/04/17CommittedMichigan State(Basketball)
- 02/26/17VisitMichigan State(Basketball)
- 09/02/16VisitMichigan State(Basketball)
- 06/18/16OfferMichigan State(Basketball)
- 02/17/16VisitXavier University(Basketball)
- 08/08/15OfferOakland University(Basketball)
- 07/11/15OfferDetroit Mercy(Basketball)
- 02/24/15VisitMichigan State(Basketball)
High Profile Trial Attorneys, Ven Johnson and Steven Fishman, Hired by High School Basketball Star Thomas Kithier
DETROIT, MI – Prominent Trial Attorneys Ven Johnson of Johnson Law, PLC and Steve Fishman announced today that they have been hired by 18-year-old high school senior Thomas Kithier and his family to help him overcome the decision by the Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) blocking him from playing basketball his senior year at Clarkston High School.
Following his junior year at Dakota High School, Thomas and his family considered other schooling options, including transferring to a prep school. After researching the move the family jointly decided that 18-year-old Thomas, a legal adult, would move from his parents’ Macomb home to an apartment in Clarkston so he could attend Clarkston High School.
Thomas and his family completed the necessary transfer documents and submitted them to Clarkston High School for finalization. After a significant delay, Thomas learned that Dakota objected to him playing basketball for Clarkston and falsely alleged the educational transfer was unduly influenced and athletically-motivated and asked the MHSAA to investigate. As a result, the MHSAA improperly ruled Thomas ineligible to play this season.
Johnson stated, “Dakota’s gross misconduct has threatened Thomas’ ability to attend Clarkston High, the school of his choice, simply because they would be losing their star basketball player. A high school senior and legal adult should be allowed to attend school anywhere he or she wants. Whether that includes playing basketball, volleyball, being a member of the marching band or of the drama club is completely irrelevant.”
Fishman stated, “If the MHSAA’s arbitrary and capricious decision is allowed to stand Thomas will be irreparably harmed. Ven Johnson and I are investigating every legal option available to Thomas and his family, and will be moving forward immediately. This young man deserves all the fruits of his hard work and dedication.”
Johnson Law, PLC is a personal injury law firm specializing in vehicle negligence, product liability, medical malpractice, police misconduct and more. Visit http://venjohnsonlaw.com/for more information.
- Recruiting Activity
- 01/05/2018Motion in Kithier case to be heard January 11, 2018
- 12/16/2017High Profile Trial Attorneys, Ven Johnson and Steven Fishman, Hired by High School Basketball Star Thomas Kithier
- 12/08/2017MHSAA is alleged to have told Clarkston, "If Dakota had any balls they wouldn't sign the (transfer) form," of Thomas Kithier