- University of Detroit Jesuit 2020 PF J.T. Morgan has committed to M...
- Grand Blanc 2023 PG RJ Taylor was offered by University of Rhode Is...
- Belleville 2020 SG/SF Connor Bush has committed to Mott Community C...
- Grand Blanc 2022 SF Ty Rodgers was offered by Maryland
- Brother Rice 2023 SF Curtis Williams Jr. was offered by Maryland
Clarkston holds on for big OAA-Red win, Loyer scores 44
Clarkston has big goals for 2018. The defending 2017 Class A State Champions are ready for 2018 and they showed they aren’t looking past anyone this year. Clarkston came into the ball game ranked #2 in the state while host Troy was ranked #19 with lots of luster and college prospects everywhere on the court.
The whole night was the Foster Loyer show as the senior Mr. Basketball candidate poured in 44 of his team’s 59 points as Clarkston downed OAA-Red RIval Troy 59-54.
Clarkston and Troy traded buckets early in the game and after 1 quarter were tied 15-15.
The second quarter saw Clarkston get a push open a 27-22 lead going into the half. At this point Loyer had 18 points while Leon Ayers had seven for the Colts of Troy.
The third quarter was all Clarkston until the last ten seconds of the quarter. Clarkston now up 41-31 with 40 seconds left decided to hold for the last shot of the quarter. With 10 seconds left Loyer drove to the basket and tried making a pass which was picked off by Senior Captain Danny Sully of Troy who then passed the ball up the court to Senior Leon Ayers who threw down a dunk to beat the buzzer and was fouled and completed the three point play which inched Troy back to a 41-34 deficit going into the final quarter.
Troy came out in the fourth and gave Clarkston all they can handle even taking a one point lead 50-49 with just 2:02 remaining in the game. Then Loyer started doing what he does best and that’s getting wherever he wants and making shots. He was 9-of-10 from the free throw line in the fourth quarter to seal the victory for the #2 ranked Wolves. Ayers led the second half push for Troy pouring in 13 of his 20 points in the second half.
Although any loss is tough for any team especially against conference foes, Troy showed they can hang with anyone in the state and played without Senior Co-Captain Jason Dietz.
#2 Clarkston (8-1) takes on #55 Pershing (2-4) on Saturday at 6PM at Fitzgerald High School. #20 Troy (5-2) returns to action at home again Friday in another conference battle squaring off vs #249 Southfield A&T (0-7).
Troy travels to Clarkston on February 16th in a game that could have conference title implications.
- Recruiting Activity
- 03/29/2018Clarkston retires Foster Loyer's #1 Jersey (Story)
- 03/25/2018The D Zone 2018 All-Tourney Boy’s Teams
- 03/24/2018Clarkston beats West Ottawa in 2018 Class A State Final (Story)
- 03/23/2018Clarkston beats De La Salle in Class A semi-final (Story)
- 03/19/2018Clarkston / Michigan State signee Foster Loyer wins Mr. Basketball award (Story)
- 02/08/2018Clarkston's Mr. Basketball candidate Foster Loyer talks to The D Zone about his success and more in this Q&A Interview
- 01/13/2018Clarkston's Foster Loyer sets school record for 3-Pointers during Varsity career (Story)
- 01/10/2018Clarkston holds on for big OAA-Red win, Loyer scores 44
- 01/05/2018Clarkston starts 2018 off with impressive 75-47 win over Southfield A&T + Video highlights
- VideosPublished 03/27/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 03/27/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 03/26/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 03/25/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 03/25/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 03/25/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 03/24/2018 by Jeff CorrionPublished 03/24/2018 by Jeff Corrion