- Millington 2020 SF/PF Zac Yorke received a roster spot from Olivet
- Frederick Douglass 2021 SG Pierre Brooks II was offered by Iowa
- Orchard Lake Saint Mary's 2021 SG Julian Roper was offered by Ohio ...
- Davison 2021 SF/PG Brendan Sullivan was offered by Saginaw Valley S...
- Center Line 2021 PF Kobe Holliday was offered by Siena Heights
The Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Cranes outlast the Clawson Trojans 81-54; advance to MHSAA Regional Semi-Final.
The Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Cranes defeated the Clawson Trojans 81-54 in a MHSAA regional quarter -final on Monday. The win moves the Cranes to 14-6 on the year.
Senior guard Alex Finney led all scorers with 22 points and senior forward Jordan Benson had 16 points in the victory. Sophomore Cam Garner assisted with 14 points.
Senior guard TJ Verner scored 17 points and junior forward Kendall Simpson put in 16 points for the Tigers.
The Cranes held a 40-31 lead at the half as senior guard Clark Doman hit a pair of free throws, a teardrop 15-footer, and then a big 3-point shot to close out the half.
In the second half, the Trojans began to claw their way back into the contest, with Verner hitting a pair of field goals.
But Finney held Clawson at bay with a big 3-point shot and a steal-and-score to put the game out of reach.
Several free throw shots by senior point guard Torrell Williams sealed the game for the Cranes.
“We were able to get good looks early and keep pace with a good Clawson team,” said Cranes Head Coach Shane Finney. “They challenged us to run the floor and keep up with their perimeter shooting.”
The Cranes move on to the district semi-final round, where they will face the Country Day Yellowjackets on Wednesday.