- Ypsi Prep Academy 2022 SG/SF Javaughn Hannah was offered by Hampton
- University of Detroit Jesuit 2020 PF J.T. Morgan has committed to M...
- Grand Blanc 2023 PG RJ Taylor was offered by University of Rhode Is...
- Belleville 2020 SG/SF Connor Bush has committed to Mott Community C...
- Grand Blanc 2022 SF Ty Rodgers was offered by Maryland
The Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Cranes outlast the Clawson Trojans 81-54; advance to MHSAA Regional Semi-Final.
The Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Cranes defeated the Clawson Trojans 81-54 in a MHSAA regional quarter -final on Monday. The win moves the Cranes to 14-6 on the year.
Senior guard Alex Finney led all scorers with 22 points and senior forward Jordan Benson had 16 points in the victory. Sophomore Cam Garner assisted with 14 points.
Senior guard TJ Verner scored 17 points and junior forward Kendall Simpson put in 16 points for the Tigers.
The Cranes held a 40-31 lead at the half as senior guard Clark Doman hit a pair of free throws, a teardrop 15-footer, and then a big 3-point shot to close out the half.
In the second half, the Trojans began to claw their way back into the contest, with Verner hitting a pair of field goals.
But Finney held Clawson at bay with a big 3-point shot and a steal-and-score to put the game out of reach.
Several free throw shots by senior point guard Torrell Williams sealed the game for the Cranes.
“We were able to get good looks early and keep pace with a good Clawson team,” said Cranes Head Coach Shane Finney. “They challenged us to run the floor and keep up with their perimeter shooting.”
The Cranes move on to the district semi-final round, where they will face the Country Day Yellowjackets on Wednesday.