- Kalamazoo Central 2023 PF/SF/SG/C Hutch Ward was offered by Wayne S...
- Lake Odessa Lakewood 2023 PG Jayce Cusack received a roster spot fr...
- Lake Odessa Lakewood 2023 PG Jayce Cusack was offered by Grand Rapi...
- De La Salle 2023 G/SG/SF Triston Nichols was offered by Lake Superi...
- Zeeland West 2024 F Merritt Alderink was offered by Grand Valley State
Cranbrook clipped by Avondale 59-52, prepares for MHSAA State Playoffs.
The Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Cranes lost a non-conference game 59-52 to the Auburn Hills Avondale Yellow Jackets yesterday.
Junior John Kersh had his second double-double in a row with 27 points and 10 rebounds. Junior Evan Evans assisted with 12 points in the loss.
Junior Jeremiah Phillips had 11 points to lead Avondale. Senior Anthony Howard added 10 points in the win.
The Cranes got the fast start jumping out to a 16-15 lead at the end of the first quarter. Sophomore Cooper Gurman added a 3-pointer to push the issue early.
Senior Bora Akgun founds some points in the paint as the second quarter began. But Avondale rallied to overtake the Cranes as the contest approached halftime.
Avondale led 29-23 at the half.
Evans and Gurman continued the Cranes attack with points beyond the arc in the 3rd quarter. The contest narrowed down to two point.
Cranbrook trailed 40-38 as the last period began.
But the Yellow Jackets would get the hot hand, knocking down several 3-point shots to seal the game.
The Bloomfield Hills Cranbrook Cranes move on face the Clawson Trojans in the first round of the MHSAA Basketball Playoffs next week.